My Journey with ISC


ISC is short for Indian School Certificate

I would like to have my experience make it easier for you, to make informed decisions. These facts may not qualify everywhere and every time, but they are true from my experience.

Passing out in the year 2020, I believe ISC has made me a better person. ISC is more like the continuation of ICSE. ISC docs is the compilation of the soft copies of the study materials I used of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Computer Science, English Literature and English Language.

Christ Academy Junior College, Bangalore has given me all I ever needed. Most of the content I relied on is either from my school or the official CISCE website (especially under the head publications). I also had the question banks for PCM by Arihant Publications and for Computers by Oswaal Books (check the more detailed review of the books).

Benefits of opting ISC

  • It is a national board
  • It has a higher quality syllabus for English than most other boards in India
  • As a continuation of ICSE, the subject-Computer Science' standards of learning is higher with deeper content and better than many other boards in India.
  • Most ISC schools opt for the gigantic book with over 1000 pages (amidst the rumours of using NCERT) (We can also say that ISC has more detailed teaching but the application of this knowledge is uncertain).
  • Several Language and Art skills are developed through the ICSE and ISC courses.
  • The ISC board correction doesn’t stress on mugging up the textbooks. Although not for all, certain subjects' questions' official answer keys also allow answers from outside the textbooks, provided, it conveys the meaning.
    The answer key of an ISC Physics 2019
    The answer key of an ISC Physics 2019


Challenges I faced

  • The books are massive and absolutely difficult to deal with if not dealt with it in a very organised manner from the beginning 
  • Does not follow the NCERT syllabus and the disadvantage is always evident during the competitive exams like JEE and NEET (which follows the NCERT syllabus)
  • Preparing for both the Board Examination and the Competitive Entrance Exams is not easy when compared to the boards which follow the NCERT syllabus (Considering the obvious fact that they need to stick to only one syllabus-NCERT)
This is a question from JEE mains conducted by NTA which is directly taken from the NCERT textbook
NTA is an independent government body which conducts JEE (since 2019).

Comments